Steroids are becoming an engrained part of our society. Steroids help boost athletic performance, support in protein synthesis, and promote masculinity. The drug is particularly controversial and has since been banned in most sporting events. Steroids are popular with people in law enforcement, amateur athletes and even people with non-physical jobs who just want to get lean and grow more mass. But, what are the pros and cons of steroids? Not very many people truly know the answer to this question. As people analyse the pros and cons of steroids, more and more people are trying them out. Where on side it is said to boost muscle strength and shape, other way it may cause more aggressiveness and depression on the consumer.
- It helps improves athletic knack and gives edge during a competition
- It also mproves muscular strength and performance
- Allows athletes to lose weight
- Provides muscles more oxygen and increases muscle mass
- Increases visual appearance
- Increases strength ability
- Many people using steroids can get liver cancer, have organ damage, psychological defects, hormonal changes, and sometimes infertility
- The consumer may get arrested for using steroids illegally
- There are greater risk of Hepatitis B and C associated with it
- It may increase the risk of tearing tendons
- It may cause enlarged breasts for men and increase facial hair in women
- You may get more aggressive personality with the steroid use
- If you become an avid user, growth can be stunted at a young age
- Steroids can damage veins
If you are an athlete taking steroids, you can be suspended from games and even be expelled from the league because it is not allowed everywhere. When steroids are taken under a doctor’s strict supervision, then chances of side effects are less and that could be good for you. It helps recover a person’s health and well-being. You will pack on muscles fairly fast and improve your performance as well as cut the recovery time in half. But steroid use is contentious for a reason: it causes “roid rage” or feelings of more aggression and depression. Unless you got a prescription to treat a certain condition, no, you shouldn’t take steroids. While there is no safe way to use steroids, being educated about them and using them responsibly is a good way to minimize your risks. When you need to be fitter, stronger and faster than the person next to you to get your pay-check, you need to do everything in your power to make it happen. Steroids and bodybuilding are synonymous. Steroids can transform a physique from impressive to best in show, and this explains their use in the bodybuilding community. The pros and cons of steroids are clear on their own but when they are compared, the situation gets murky.When you read articles on pros and cons of steroids, you mayoften walk away unable to make up your mind about steroids. This is because there are just as many good reasons to use steroids as there are reasons to avoid them.